2014 Alcatraz swims to Aquatic Park, San Francisco
Swim events charted above for 2014
- SE/DC New Years Day Swim - January 1, 2014
- SE/DC New Years Day Late Jump - January 1, 2014 (A very challenging time to attempt)
- Sharkfest - Saturday June 7, 2014, 8:20am Jump
- Escape From The Rock Triathlon - Sunday July 20, 2014, 8:10am Jump
- SE Invitiational - Sunday September 14, 2014, 10:30am Jump
- Dolphin Club - Saturday September 20, 2014, 10:25am Jump
- Dolphin EFAT Triathlon - Saturday September 27, 2014, 7:15am Jump
- Centurions Alcatraz Open - Saturday September 27, 2014, 8:45am Jump
- Enter your swim speed.
- Press the "Swim" button.
The "Crab" button swims against the current attempting to maintain a straight line to the target.
- Tidal data taken from NOAA current predictions southwest of Alcatraz.
- Assume current speeds vary on a sinusoidal curve like tide charts.
- Assume current speeds are uniform across the swim zone, and are moving only due east or west.
- Assume constant swim speed (swimmer does not tire).
- Alcatraz jump location is Barker Beach, 1.15 miles due north of cove entrance, 1.4 miles to shore.
- The Flash animation is 600 times faster than real time.
- Built with Actionscript 3.
- Actual results may vary.
Questions, comments, or need to see a different day charted? Contact me. Sponsored by Papaya.net and the Dolphin Club.
© 2014 Kent Myers