2016 Alcatraz swims to Aquatic Park, San Francisco
Try new beta mobile version
Alcatraz Swim Events for 2016
- Sharkfest - Saturday, August 13, 2016, 8:45am Jump
- Escape From The Rock Duathlon - Saturday, August 27, 2016, 8:00am Jump
- Swim With The Centurions - September 10, 2016, 7:30am Jump
- Dolphin Club - Saturday, September 10, 2016, 8:10am Jump
- South End Rowing Club Invitiational - Saturday, September 10, 2016, 8:30am Jump
- Dolphin Club's 'Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon' - Saturday, September 24, 2016, 7:50am Jump
- Worst possible day - May 8, 2016, 4:15am Jump (4 knot ebb)
- Enter your swim speed.
- Press the "Swim" button.
The "Crab" button swims against the current attempting to maintain a straight line to the target.
- Tidal data taken from NOAA current predictions south of Alcatraz island.
- Assume current speeds vary on a sinusoidal curve like tide charts.
- Assume current speeds are uniform across the swim zone, and are moving only due east or west.
- Assume constant swim speed (swimmer does not tire).
- Alcatraz jump location is assumed to be Barker Beach, 1.15 miles due north of cove entrance, 1.4 miles to shore.
- The Flash animation is 600 times faster than real time.
- Built with Actionscript 3.
- Actual results may vary.
Questions, comments, or need to see a different day charted? Contact me.
Sponsored by Papaya.net
and the Dolphin Club
© 2016 Kent Myers