2013 Alcatraz swim to Aquatic Park, San Francisco
Swim dates charted above for 2013
- May 19, 2013 - Sharkfest
- June 2, 2013 - Escape From The Rock
- September 1, 2013 - The Dolphin Club
- September 28, 2013 - The Dolphin Club's Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
- September 28, 2013 - Centurions
- Enter your swim speed.
- Press the "Swim" button.
The "Crab" button swims against the current attempting to maintain a straight line to the target.
- Tidal data taken from NOAA current predictions southwest of Alcatraz.
- Assume current speeds vary on a sinusoidal curve like tide charts.
- Assume current speeds are uniform across the swim zone, and are moving only due east or west.
- Assume constant swim speed (swimmer does not tire).
- Alcatraz jump location is Barker Beach, 1.15 miles due north of cove entrance, 1.4 miles to shore.
- The Flash animation is 600 times faster than real time.
- Built with Actionscript 3.
- Actual results may vary.
Questions, comments, or need to see a different day charted? Contact me. Sponsored by Papaya.net and the Dolphin Club.
© 2013 Kent Myers