2015 Alcatraz swims to Aquatic Park, San Francisco
Swim events charted above for 2015
- SE/DC New Years Day Swim - Thusday, January 1, 2015, 8:00am Jump
- Sharkfest - Saturday, August 8, 2015, 9:30am Jump
- Escape From The Rock Duathlon - Sunday, August 22, 2015, 7:50am Jump
- Swim With The Centurions - Sunday, September 6, 2015, 9:00am Jump
- South End Rowing Club Invitiational - Sunday, September 13, 2015, 7:45am Jump
- Dolphin Club - Saturday, September 19, 2015, 9:20am Jump
- Dolphin Club's 'Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon' - Saturday, October 17, 2015, 8:10am Jump
- Enter your swim speed.
- Press the "Swim" button.
The "Crab" button swims against the current attempting to maintain a straight line to the target.
- Tidal data taken from NOAA current predictions southwest of Alcatraz.
- Assume current speeds vary on a sinusoidal curve like tide charts.
- Assume current speeds are uniform across the swim zone, and are moving only due east or west.
- Assume constant swim speed (swimmer does not tire).
- Alcatraz jump location is assumed to be Barker Beach, 1.15 miles due north of cove entrance, 1.4 miles to shore.
- The Flash animation is 600 times faster than real time.
- Built with Actionscript 3.
- Actual results may vary.
Questions, comments, or need to see a different day charted? Contact me. Sponsored by Papaya.net and the Dolphin Club.
© 2015 Kent Myers